Westwood Youth Lacrosse is looking for parent volunteers to fill positions in our program. Volunteers will play important roles in bringing boy's lacrosse to our youth and help set the future direction of the program. Volunteers should expect to be with the program for a minimum of two years. Work is independent and the best part is there are only 1-2 meetings a year!
Registrar: primary responsibilities are in the fall where this person will set up, advertise and administer the registration process. Our systems is well established so all you need to do is keep things running smoothly. Volunteers should be comfortable with computers and be well organized.
Webmaster: primary responsibilities are to publish announcements, news, schedules and communications to our website and e-mail lists as needed. Many of our announcements and signups are pre-built so the focus is making minor updates as required and publishing things as required. The effort is spread through the active registration and playing season.
Scheduler: primary responsibilities are to coordinate field times for practice and games with the Westwood Recreation Department; other youth sport programs and our league.
- Coordinate home and away dates with the Girls Lacrosse program practice times with other programs
- Submit Field Permits to the Recreation Department
- Schedule mid-week games per coaches requests
- Check league master schedule to make sure the dates and times of games are within our permit
- Confirm away games with other programs
- Confirm officials for all home games
- Adjust schedules as needed when conflicts arise
Join the Team! Please click
to inquire about these positions.